Eucalyptus poles are great for many projects due to their durability and unique appearance. Unlike many timbers, eucalyptus poles are a hardwood that grows naturally with little tapering over their length. As such, eucalyptus poles are highly desirable for commercial applications.
Frequently substituted for pressure-treated pine, eucalyptus poles have simple yet distinct features that enhance traditional settings and themed environments. These poles can be used for structural columns, and the natural appearance of these poles allows them to be project-ready without additional finishing. For architects, designers and property managers, we have compiled this guide on the top uses for eucalyptus poles.
Jump To Sections:
- Applications for Eucalyptus Poles
- Industry Solutions
- Benefits of Eucalyptus Poles
- Why BYXS Commercial?
Applications for Eucalyptus Poles
Eucalyptus poles can be used in a variety of commercial applications, including shade structures, interiors, fencing, animal enclosures and screening for hotels and resorts.
1. Shade Structures
Shade structures are needed in a variety of industries. Fortunately, eucalyptus poles can be used in several ways to create effective shade structures.
How to Design With Eucalyptus Poles for Shade Structures
Building shade structures is one of the top uses for eucalyptus poles. Depending on your project, you can design shade structures for guests or animals.
- Shade structures in zoos: To build shade structures for animals, you can combine eucalyptus poles with thatch. Natural and artificial materials used in shade structures are safe for animals.
- Shade structures in the hospitality industry: In hotels and resorts, eucalyptus poles can be used to build overhangs, umbrellas and pavilions that offer an effective combination of utility and beauty.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Poles for Shade Structures
The following are the benefits of choosing eucalyptus poles for shade structures:
- Comfort: Eucalyptus shade structures will provide comfort to guests or animals seeking shade.
- Aesthetic appeal: Eucalyptus can create a visually appealing roof or overhang for an outdoor dining area or pergola. Achieve the look and spacing you desire with eucalyptus poles.
Are you designing an authentic tropical environment or a refined, distinguished space? No matter what interior design you are looking to achieve, BYXS Commercial can partner with you in designing your interior with eucalyptus poles.
How to Decorate Interiors With Eucalyptus Poles
How can you incorporate eucalyptus poles into interior applications? Eucalyptus poles serve a range of decorative and structural purposes in interior spaces, and they enhance tropical aesthetics while featuring structural strength. Eucalyptus poles can be used in interior applications, such as:
- Decorative accents: Eucalyptus poles can also be used to transform existing decor or create a decorative accent.
- Dividers: Eucalyptus poles can create practical or decorative room dividers with enough structural integrity to function well as a divider and offer a distinct appearance.
- Ceiling and wall accents: Eucalyptus poles can complement a ceiling or wall to tie a space together. Walls can be clad by poles or matting to create a backdrop that functions as a focal point. Eucalyptus poles can be used as ceiling treatments such as coffer’s, to increase the visual appeal of a room.
Benefits of Interior Eucalyptus Pole Applications
When it comes to interior design applications, eucalyptus poles can offer the following benefits:
- Versatile options for customization: Eucalyptus poles can be used in a range of applications for versatile customization in interior design.
- Code compliance: Additionally, our eucalyptus products can be Fire Retarded to meet industry and local regulations. We have the materials for your project that will allow you to stay compliant.
- Distinct appearance: Eucalyptus poles have a unique appearance that can help create a distinct interior space. Some processes, like whitewashing, can create a subtler or more refined appearance over conventional eucalyptus uses in interior design.
- Sustainable sourcing: With eucalyptus products, your design will be more eco-friendly, and you can reduce your environmental footprint.
Are you looking for fencing to bring your design vision to life? No matter what appearance you want to achieve with your fencing, BYXS Commercial can partner with you in effectively utilizing eucalyptus fencing.
Fencing Uses for Eucalyptus Poles
Does your project require rustic, rolled or customized eucalyptus fencing? Are you concerned about guest contact? If so, BYXS Commercial can offer the solution you need. The following are excellent fencing uses for eucalyptus poles:
- Guest control
- Animal enclosures
- Cladding and decorative use
Benefits of Eucalyptus Fencing
When it comes to fencing applications, eucalyptus poles can offer the following benefits:
- Aesthetic appeal: One of the benefits of eucalyptus fencing is its aesthetic appeal. You can obtain eucalyptus fencing from us at BYXS Commercial with various color options — silver, beige, light brown with variations, whitewashed or stained dark brown.
- Custom sizes: You can choose from a variety of standard fence types and sizes, including 4’x6′, 6’x8′, 8’x8′ and additional custom sizes and styles.
- Fire protection: We offer eucalyptus fencing with a Class A Fire Rating.
- Easy installation: Our eucalyptus fencing is available in panels for simple installation.
- Durability: Because of its durability, our eucalyptus fencing is excellent for any exterior application, even in varied climates. You can discuss our fencing with a BYXS Commercial representative to learn how you can increase the longevity of the product.
4. Animal Enclosures
Another top use for eucalyptus poles is in animal enclosures. No matter what design you are seeking to achieve, BYXS Commercial can partner with you in determining how to use eucalyptus poles in animal enclosures.
Best Uses for Eucalyptus Poles in Animal Enclosures
How can you include eucalyptus poles in zoo and aquarium animal enclosures? Eucalyptus can serve practical and decorative purposes in animal enclosures, including:
- Enclosure construction: Our eucalyptus materials at BYXS Commercial can be used for enclosure construction.
- Columns: Natural columns also add authenticity to your enclosures and structures by featuring environmentally authentic elements.
- Fences: Additionally, our eucalyptus is a structural-grade material that can be used for fencing in animal enclosures.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Poles at Zoos
When it comes to the use of eucalyptus in zoos, our eucalyptus materials offer the following benefits:
- Suitability for exterior and interior use: Eucalyptus can be used in both exterior and interior applications.
- Durability: Our eucalyptus materials can withstand guest contact and the elements.
- Safety: We use natural treatment processes to make all of our materials safe for both humans and animals. Our pressure treated eucalyptus products are arsenic and bromine free to ensure that your animals are safe. We also offer Fire Retarding to keep your zoo compliant with safety codes.
- Sustainability: You can reduce your zoo’s practices that put animals in danger by choosing our sustainably sourced eucalyptus materials.
How Eucalyptus Poles Are Treated for the Safety of Animals in Zoos and Aquariums
TANALITH® E pressure treated eucalyptus is impregnated with a water-based wood preservative containing proven organic biocides and copper. The biocides in the preservative are included in the Biocidal Products Regulations. The process involves the use of pressure cylinders in which a vacuum pressure process ensures that the preservative penetrates and remains within the cell structure of the product.
While restrictions have been put in place for more traditional forms of treatment for wood, TANALITH® E is accepted throughout the world. In the U.S., this brand has received National Green Building certification and is marketed as Wolmanized® Residential Outdoor WoodTM.
The verification by Ecospecifier Global guarantees to professionals and consumers that health and environmental claims from the manufacturer are third party-verified and assessed with a Life Cycle Thinking analysis, along with an eco-toxicity and health screening. With pressure-treated eucalyptus, your products will also gain long-term protection from insects and fungi, providing further protection to the animals in zoos and aquariums.
The health and protection of your animals is our top priority. To learn more about the safest way to design and decorate your enclosure, please contact our team of experts.
5. Shower Screening for Hotels and Resorts
Are you looking to incorporate natural materials in a boutique or high-end hotel? You can implement eucalyptus into shower screening for hotels or resorts.
Architectural Design With Eucalyptus Poles for Hotels and Resorts
How can eucalyptus poles be used in architectural design for hotels and resorts? You can integrate eucalyptus poles into the following:
- Surfaces: Eucalyptus poles can be used on ceilings, walls and fences as cladding.
- Structural elements: Eucalyptus poles have the strength to support exterior and interior structures.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Poles at Hotels and Resorts
For hotels and resorts, eucalyptus poles can offer the following benefits:
- Sustainability: Reduce your environmental footprint with our eucalyptus poles.
- Versatility: Our eucalyptus poles can be used for both exterior and interior applications.
- Uniqueness: With our eucalyptus poles, your shower screening will stand out from the competition.
- Compliance: Our products comply with industry and local regulations because of their fire retardant quality.
Eucalyptus poles can be used in a variety of industries, including zoos and aquariums, the hospitality industry and theme parks and water parks.
How to Use Eucalyptus Poles in Zoos and Aquariums
In zoos and aquariums, you can use eucalyptus poles in the following applications:
- Enclosures for animals
- Fences for crowd control
- Shade structures and animal shelters
- Gazebo with interior seating
How to Use Eucalyptus Poles in the Hospitality Industry
In the hospitality industry, you can use eucalyptus poles in the following applications:
- Shade structures
- Cladding for ceilings, walls and fencing
- Garden trellis
How to Use Eucalyptus Poles in Theme Parks or Water Parks
In theme parks or water parks, you can use eucalyptus poles in the following applications:
- Exterior structures
- Structural columns
- Fences for queues
- Themed areas
Benefits of Eucalyptus Poles
The following are the benefits of eucalyptus poles:
- Beautiful, high-quality material: If you are seeking hardwood, eucalyptus poles can offer the look you want. Eucalyptus is porous on the outer skin and solid on the inside, which means this high-quality material does not deteriorate rapidly.
- Versatile: Eucalyptus poles are also highly versatile. These poles are great for people who are looking for timber and a durable material with a long lifespan.
- Easy to use and maintain: Eucalyptus poles are easy to cut, accept paints and stains and are simple to maintain. You can easily pressure wash or stain eucalyptus poles darker or whitewash the poles if they are too dark.
- Free of arsenic and bromine: Our pressure treated eucalyptus poles are free of arsenic and bromine, which is important for zoos. Pressure treated timber offers long-term protection against insect attack and funguses. You can contact a rep at BXYS Commercial for pressure treating documentation and datasheets.
Why BYXS Commercial?
Why should you choose BYXS Commercial for your eucalyptus poles? At BYXS Commercial, we are experts on the uses of eucalyptus poles. We can show you how to use eucalyptus poles and what you can or cannot do with the product in your industry.
We offer the following services to our customers:
- Product information: At BYXS Commercial, we offer complete product information, specifications and CAD drawings. You will receive information about weight, exact sizes, performance and wind and fire ratings.
- Fire retarding: We also offer fire retarding services. Some businesses mandate that a project includes a Class A fire-retardant rating. If your project requires this, we can develop solutions to make sure your materials are rated as such.
- Value engineering: We want you to find the best possible outcome for your project at the best price. Our technical experts offer value engineering so we can effectively evaluate your needs. We aim to exceed your expectations while keeping the costs of your project within your budget.
- Design assistance: One of our services is design assistance for product selection, sourcing, placement and best practices. Because of our knowledge and expertise, we can make reliable recommendations on materials and products. Our variety of project experiences allows us to thoroughly understand different materials and designs.
- Specialty product sourcing: We also offer tropical products and building materials, so you can incorporate tropical designs with eucalyptus poles. Our large inventory will ensure you receive the materials needed on time. We know that a project can sometimes call for special products, and we will try to source the material or product you need.
- Architectural specification: Our partners at BYXS Commercial include architects, designers and contractors, and we offer a variety of CAD drawings, installation guides and product specifications that can be accessed at any time. If you need to know how to find a specific material or how to understand best practices, we are here to help your business achieves its functionality or design goals.
- Quantity take-offs: We also offer take-offs to ensure you can make the best decisions for your project and have maximum control over the outcome of your project.
- Logistics: Selecting and buying products and materials for a project is just half the battle. Along with this task, you need to be able to fit and use the material and determine how you can get the material to your location. At BYXS Commercial, we deliver solutions for logistics that will meet your needs so you will not have to worry about your purchases.
- Fabrication and installation: Our experienced craftsmen and artisans at BYXS Commercial offer fabrication and installation for projects of all sizes. We also back our labor with a craftsmanship warranty for up to a year. We will use the latest methods for installation to make sure all is up to code, and we offer project management and on-site training to help your team with the installation process.
Our knowledgable team can help you through every step of the process. We are always on the search for new suppliers and products so we can deliver the best products for every project.
Choose BYXS Commercial
For more than 15 years, BYXS Commercial has been serving customers in need of high-quality products for commercial projects. From umbrella kits to bamboo fencing, we have helped to transport products to our customers.
Today, we are the number one Themed Material Supplier in the nation, which lets our customers know that we will provide only materials of the highest quality. Our locations in Florida and California allow us to easily service all domestic and international needs. At BYXS Commercial, we can help you through every step of the process of designing with eucalyptus poles.
Are you an architect, designer or property manager in need of eucalyptus poles for your commercial project? Contact us at BYXS Commercial today for the products and services you need.